Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I'm having some computer power source issues, so internet access has been sketchy. At least I was able to figure out my username and password today since I normally depend on my browser to remember those.

Last week was my first package of the semester. It got very stressful at times trying to get things set up. Wednesday afternoon gave me a good reminder of how so much of what we do is dependent upon other people. I had all afternoon free to work on the package, but my interviewee couldn't meet until 7 p.m. And then Thursday when I ran into Aidan at dinner and was told my package still had a flash frame that I thought I'd fixed...well, I feel bad for my boyfriend and any others who were eating dinner with me. But it all worked out ok. And my package was put online at www.titanradio.net so I called my mom that night so she could see it. And since then, my parents have passed the link on to several other relatives.

Thursday was also the first Capstone speech of the semester. It was a lot more laid-back and a lot less upsetting than the first speech of Fall semester. Sometimes I have trouble believing that I can make it on my own (insert Mary Tyler Moore theme music). There's just so many things involved; job, housing, bills, etc. I mean, I can balance a checkbook better than my mom and I can go grocery shopping, but there's a lot more to it than that. So at least the class has faith that I can go to South Carolina on my own. Well, not completely on my own. I'd be living with a relative, but she's a flight attendent and often gone, so I'd be taking care of the house, buying my own groceries, taking care of her dog, and so on. So I guess the big thing now is talking to Ben about the whole thing. I have to do that before I start sending resumes so far away. And then, I guess I will be sending out the resumes. I think the beginning of March is a good goal. That still gives me a couple of months before graduation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

OMG! How do you live w/o the PC. They took mine from my office today after some artful telephone calls were placed by people in powerful positions. I hope it comes back soon-- what did I do before e-mail and weblogs?

6:45 PM, February 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home